Data Science Using Python – Learn Online With NextstacksSaraschandraa M
“Python is my most favorite tool for Data Science”.
“My team is hiring multiple data scientists”.
“Vacancy for a data scientist with proficiency in Python”.
Whether you open LinkedIn or a job portal like Naukri and Monster, these are probably the most trending posts you will come across. Data science is greatly touted as the current and the next big thing and experts in data science are high in demand when it comes to recruitment. You are also likely to come across organizations recruiting those with expertise in using Python.
We need to answer the following questions to understand why this is the scenario of today, and of tomorrow when it comes to understanding our career prospects.
- What is data science?
- Why Python for data science?
- What are the career prospects in data science?
- How can I become an expert in using Python for data science?
We will take these three questions one by one, and at the end they will all blend to give you the recipe for professional success.
What is Data Science and Why is it the Next Big Thing?
Every organization, big or small, works with and around data. Schools may work with admissions data, hospitals with patient’s data, credit card companies with spending data, science labs with inventions data, ecommerce companies with sales data and so on. Each set of data will also have several different aspects – geography, seasonality, demographics and many more.
Every organization must study their data, and also data available from external sources, to identify relevant patterns and create a big-picture view of that data to take strategic decisions. The data needs to be organized in the most relevant manner, studied and analysed, and conclusions must be drawn to facilitate decision making.
Over time, and as organizations grow, the volume of data becomes far too big (also known as big data) to be analysed by the human mind without the help of machines.
Enter data science – an interdisciplinary field which makes use of machine-learning, scientific methods, algorithms, processes, and systems to extract patterns in big data and make it possible for humans to gain relevant insights from such data. These techniques can extract relevant information from both structured and unstructured data and combines techniques and theories from many fields – statistics, mathematics, computer science and information science – and is now popularly regarded as the fourth paradigm of science after empirical, theoretical, and computational.
Why is it the next big thing?
Termed as the most versatile skill of the 21st century, data science, used correctly, can provide any organization an edge over its competitors in understanding the market, the various trends, and enable strategic decision making to the benefit of the organization. Data science converts all important data into virtual data, making it easier to access it all in one place, and accessible from any place.
Having the relevant skills to work as a data scientist also gives an individual an edge professionally, with data scientists in high demand transcending industries. They are crucial people to gaining the right set of insights which helps organizations grow, more so as 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is being created every day, and experts are needed to analyse it properly. Top companies in the world like Oracle and Numerator all rely on data science for growth.
👉 Related: A Detailed Guide to Technical Interviews
Why Python for Data Science?
Now that we have answered the question on why data science is an important aspect for organizations the world over, the next thing to ask is, why should one learn Python online for data science? What makes Python a key element in success for data mining and data science?
First important thing that we have to understand is – what is Data Science using Python?
It is a high-level programming language used in data mining and machine learning to determine and analyse what is known as big data. Codes are written in Python specifically to mine through and analyse data, to spot trends and patterns, which are then used for high-level decision making.
Python as a programming language offers many benefits which makes it high in demand when it comes to data science.
- Ease of learning and execution – Learning coding in Python does not in itself require you to be proficient in computer languages. Basic understanding of C++, CSS and HTML is all you need to get started with Python. It is also an easy to execute language, with high focus on simplicity rather than complexity, and explicit instead of implicit.
- High on productivity and efficiency – if you have the knack for coding, then learning Python is easy, and executing codes is easier. This helps you save on time, even when writing lengthy codes, leading to increased productivity and efficiency. In a world of high stakes and less time, high pressure environment and key decisions to be made, this is a handy skill to have.
- Python is also able to effectively merge diverse worlds to make sense from both structured and unstructured data – mathematics and statistics can be used in conjunction with computer science, which makes this a highly potent solution for data science.
These are the reasons why Python is the go-to programming language when it comes to developing algorithms and codes for data science.
What are the Career Prospects in Data Science?
Data science, big data and business analytics are almost synonymous with business decision making these days. This is also likely to be the case in the years to come. Did you know that out of all the existing data, which is being analysed by companies today, almost 90% has been created in the last two to three years alone?
This itself tells the story of the importance of data and data scientists today, and the growth which can be expected in upcoming years. While data science as a career option started coming up around 10 years ago, it has exploded and grown exponentially the last three to four years.
Data scientists and analysts are therefore the need of the hour. Companies like JP Morgan, Flipkart, IBM, Deloitte, Wipro, Ola, Uber, Facebook and so many more are all recruiting data scientists and analysts. Banking and financial sectors have the largest requirement for data scientists today.
Salary packages are also exceptionally good if you are an expert in the field of data science, with starting packages as high as 7 lakh per annum, and Director level experts with 15+ years of experience earning as high as 50 lakh per annum.
Which brings us to the most important and the most anticipated question.
How can I Become an Expert in using Python for Data Science?
The key requirement to get started with learning Python for Data Science is the keenness to learn, and a knack for mathematics and statistics. Data science extensively relies on integrating key mathematical and statistical concepts like regression and decision tree (among others) with coding and machine learning to create algorithms and analyse the patterns in big data. Therefore, you are blending computer science with mathematics and statistics and need to be able to understand and work in both the fields.
To become an expert in any field, you of course, need to start with the basics. You must master each of the individual elements and then learn to use them all together.
While mathematics and statistics are a prerequisite to learning data science, integrating Python in it requires you to find the right course which can take you through the basics of Python and then help you learn how to create codes specific to data science using Python – in theory as well as in practice.
At NextStacks, we offer a comprehensive program to take you from a beginner to an expert in using Python for data science. If you enjoy the world of data and finding patterns in that data without feeling lost, then the next step is to increase your efficiency in data analytics. This requires you to learn how to do data science using Python, and we have just the right course for that.
We cover the basics of Python in the course, therefore preliminary knowledge of C++, CSS and HTML is all you need to get you started. Over the duration of the course, we cover the various data types and control statements, functions, introduction to the various Python libraries, and specific libraries which are used for data science.
The benefits of enrolling in our program are many –
- Remote learning for easy learning – it does not matter where you are. If you have a system and net connectivity, you can get started, irrespective of whether you are sitting in New Delhi or a small town like Kanatal.
- Choose your format – you get to choose between live and interactive sessions or recorded sessions depending upon the availability of time and your own comfort.
- Firming up the basics – while understanding the theory is important, it will not help if you do not build a strong practical base. Our course not only gives you practice sessions, but also gives you exposure to live industry projects through our internship program with our sister concern, AppStone. There is nothing like being a part of a live project to give you the right learning base and a rush when you see the fruits of your effort being put to practical use.
- Access to a wider community – by enrolling in our course for Using Python for Data Science, you also gain access to the wider community of like-minded individuals as well as mentors through our community forums. This facilitates networking for both learning and career prospects.
Data Science is widely touted as the next big thing, here to stay in the future. Python is touted as the most important tool to facilitate data science and being a master of both holds the key to a successful career, especially if mathematics and statistics are your thing and working with data is where you see yourself career wise.
The time is just right to dive into this fascinating world and swim and not sink as you aim for career highs. Welcome to the world of Data Science using Python, and welcome to the world of Advantage NextStacks.